Toronto, Canada's largest city, hosting the biggest job and career fair in Ontario
The National Job Fair & Training Expo, the leading recruitment, career, education and training event in Ontario and key player in the recruitment marketplace in Canada, is a multi-sector recruitment event that is open to local, regional, provincial, national and international organizations looking for a quality event to raise awareness and address their recruitment needs in a market of choice: Toronto. Employers from all sectors that have immediate or short term staff needs as well as organizations providing education programs, career training, career services and entrepreneurship services / opportunities are welcome to exhibit.
The National Job Fair & Training Expo has become the reference in Ontario and a model for the recruitment and career fair industry in Canada. Innovative ideas, unequalled customer service, special-projects implementation, flexibility, team spirit, an open-minded attitude, integrity and the ongoing development of our relationship with sponsors, partners, exhibitors and visitors—all this pushes the limits of efficiency for quality recruitment and makes our approach unique.
The event is held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) twice a year, in spring and fall, without interruption since 2002. Canada's #1 convention and trade show facility, the MTCC is located in the heart of vibrant downtowm Toronto with internal access to public transit. As Canada's economic and work capital, Toronto's leading economic sectors include finance, business services, telecommunications, aerospace, transportation, media, arts, film, television production, publishing, software production, medical research, education, tourism, engineering/construction, and sports industries. The city is also a major centre of higher education and research, home to many colleges and universities.
Toronto is the world's most multicultural cities, reflecting its role as an important destination for immigrant to Canada. Toronto is one of the world's most diverse cities by percentage of non-native-born residents, as about 49% of the population were born outside Canada. As a result, the city was recognized by UNESCO as the most ethnically-diverse city in the world.
What exhibitors are looking for?
- To recruit qualified and motivated candidates interested to achieve their career goals and ensuring the employers' business development
- To establish direct and personalized contacts with candidates
- To promote their organization, their job offers, their working environment, their values and their needs
- To educate the public on the needs and trendsof their industry
- To increase exposure and awareness of their products and services
Categories of jobs offered by exhibitors
Categories of positions offered by the exhibitors reflect today's labour market and, as such, are as varied as the market..
- Senior and junior positions
- Full-time positions
- Part-time positions
- Contract oppotunities
- Temporary jobs
- Seasonal jobs
- Summer jobs
- Casual work
- Volunteer work
Take advantage of our multi-sector approach: the most effective form of recruitment
The concept of The National Job Fair & Training Expo is based on a multi-sector approach, which turns out to be the the most efficient and most profitable form of recruitment. An average company needs employees from several sectors to run it efficiently. To better illustrate the importance of our multi-sector approach: An IT company, an engineering firm, a retailer or a finance business are specialized in one sector, but they all need employees from several sectors to run their organization. Thus, exhibitors meet with potential candidates to fill various positions at a single, large event.
Enjoy the human contact with direct contact
The National Job Fair & Training Expo allows recruiters to perform the first two stages of the recruitment process at the same time: A direct contact with candidates and obtaining their resumé. How many good candidates are lost by the recruiters when those start their selection process with the resumé? The resumé doesn't show the communication skills, the personality, etc. The initial contact makes a difference. The National Job Fair & Training Expo allows recruiters to conduct an initial screening with interested and motivated candidates by meeting (and pre-selecting) them in person. Thus, recruiters do not choose the candidates based solely on their resumé.
If the resumé remains a key document that help recruiters to validate the selection of candidates on a factual basis. Direct contact with a candidate is as much important than its experience and qualifications. Most of the time, it only takes a few minutes to see if a candidate will be selected for the next stage of the selecting process, regardless of the quality or relevance of the resumé.
If you know that the success of your company depends on people, you know the importance of the direct contact between a candidate and a recruiter during the pre-selection process. The most effective method to communicate with candidates to learn more about their career path and how they can meet your hiring needs for today and tomorrow is to talk to them directly.
Join Canada's largest organization specializing in recruitment event: 5 fairs, 71,000 attendees, 462 exhibitors and 33 sponsors & partners in Toronto and Montreal in 2011!
Candidates are targeted individuals, not individuals passing by randomly from their comings and goings, which adds value to the event. This is an event you can trust, an event organized by a management team which has some 50 recruitment events to his credit. In 2012, organizers have presented five recruitment events in Toronto and Montreal, welcoming a total of 539 exhibitors, 70,000 attendees and 35 sponsors and partners. Moreover, these results confirmed once again our position as the leading organization specializing in recruitment events in Canada.
If your organization is part of the organizations listed below, your exhibit at The National Job Fair & Training Expo is not only welcome, but highly recommended:
- Employers (private and public) from all sectors
- Placement agencies
- Head-hunting agencies
- Education and training institutions
- Governement (municipal, provincial and federal)
- Crown corporations
Training and education
- Continuing-education centres
- Technical and professional training institutes
- Vocational and training institutions
- Professional bodies
- Career training facilities
- Undergraduate and postgraduates programs
- Educational resource providers
- Distance education providers
- Language learning centre
- Community groups
Government (municipal, provincial and federal)
- Governmental organizations and agencies
- Employment and immigration departments
- Employment, labour and education programs
- Population growth secretariat
- Ministries (provincial and federal)
- Regional economic development corporations
- Education and tourism councils
- Boards of trade and commerce / Chamber of Commerce
- Consulates (international)
- International departments of immigration and citizenship
- Organizations specializing in the promotion of entrepreneurship
- Organizations specializing in small businesses development
- Service providers and resources for self-employment
- Independent consultants
- Franchise operators
Career and employment services
- Employment services centres
- Career services centres
- New Canadians services
- Services for internationally trained individuals
- Immigrant services
- Services for persons with disabilities
- Professional resumé writers
- Professional career counsellors
- Coaching organizations
- Guidance counselors
Who are they?
A wide selection of adult candidates from all sectors visit The National Job Fair & Training Expo with the hope of meeting their future employers and meet their staffing needs.
- Candidates - employed, under-employed or unemployed - with professional qualifications looking for a job
- Candidates with valuable experience and technical skills
- New graduates from colleges and universities
- Candidates looking for a second career
- Candidates in career transition
- Candidates looking to return to work
- Candidates looking for mobility (other cities in Ontario, other provinces and abroad)
- Candidates looking continuing-education
- Internationally trained candidates
- Candidates attracted to self-employment and entrepreneurship
- Candidates interested to return to school
- Ontario residents, Canadian citizens
- New Canadians, landed immigrants and newcomers
- Visible minority workers
- Candidates with disabilities
- Bilingual (English-French) candidates
- University students
- College students
What are they seeking?
Candidates invited to The National Job Fair & Training Expo include all individuals wishing to develop their careers and looking for a job in line with their professional and personal goals. All candidates are welcome in genereal, but more specifically the candidates of the Greater Toronto Area and its surrounding regions. The event is open to adult candidates and especially to those who are:
- Interested in finding work: full-time, part-time, contract, temporary, seasonal, summer, volunteer or casual
- Interested in a job change (in the same sector)
- Interested in a career change to evolve into a new or second career (in another sector)
- Interested in meeting specialists in career development, employment services and support services
- Interested in getting information on the labour market
- Interested in employment and career trends in a variety of sectors
- Interested in learning more about job-search techniques
- Interested in self-employment, in starting a small business
- Interested in improving their skills (continuing-training)
- Interested in relocating within Canada
- Interested in conducting internships, paid or unpaid
- Interested in volunteering in Toronto, in Canada or abroad
- Interested in acquiring international experience
- Interested to learn a second or third language
- Interested in getting career information, advice and support
Target markets: Recruiting in the heart of Toronto and surrounding areas
Toronto is the largest city in Canada with a population of over 2.42 million people. Toronto is the seventh most populous municipality in North America. Toronto is at the heart of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and is part of a densely populated region in Southern Ontario known as the Golden Horseshoe, which is home to over 8.1 million residents—approximately 25% of Canada's population. The Greater Toronto Area had a population of 5,555,912 in the Canada 2006 Census. The Greater Toronto Area is currently composed of Toronto as the central city of the region, surrounded by the four regional municipalities of Durham, Halton, Peel, and York.
The primary target market
- Greater Toronto Area: Toronto, Durham, Halton, Peel and York municipalities
The secondary target market
- Other regions of Ontario: Eastern, Southwestern and Northern Ontario
The third target market
- Other provinces and territories
The fourth target market
Discover here why The National Job Fair & Training Expo saves time, resources and budget. Learn how we can be part of your overall recruitment strategy. There are many good reasons to become an exhibitor. By participating, companies benefit from the dynamics of our recruitment event in several ways.
Because you will enter a world of mutual benefit.
Employers, trainers, educators, consultants, career services and government services gather to meet the candidates and discover mutual benefits on the labour market.
Because you will meet the future workforce of your organization.
You have the opportunity to meet candidates that could become an important asset for your organization. The future of your business depends on your employees. Meet candidates who are ready to meet your future staff needs.
Because you will meet experienced candidates according to your selection criteria.
You can pre-select hundreds of new candidates based on your own criteria such as qualifications, suitability, experience, education and training of candidates.
Because you will combine the early stages of the selection process.
When recruiters meet with candidates, the first minutes are critical to determine whether a candidate has the potential for a further interviewing. Better than the resumé can do it! The National Job Fair& Training Expo helps you improve your efficiency by combining the first steps of the selection process. It accelerates the development of your organization, which is even better.
Because you get the maximum number of contacts in the shortest time with candidates.
A major advantage of The National Job Fair & Training Expo is that you spend your time and energy to focus on recruitment for two consecutive day with no distraction. You do more in two days than you could probably do in several weeks. You focus your on recruitment at low cost.
Because you will reach the market of the Greater Toronto Area.
The main target audience of The National Job Fair & Training Expo is the Greater Toronto Area. You can also access candidates from the surrounding regions to fill positions in your offices located in that territory.
Because you have an extensive advertising campaign.
Our advertising campaign, valued at more than $350,000, allow you to reach a captive audience of over 10 000 highly motivated and skilled candidates (average per event) on a silver platter. The whole advertising campaign reaches an estimated two million people. You can reach a captive audience at low cost.
Because you can maximize your exposure and make your needs known to about 800,000 Toronto SUN readers.
Finding new candidates can be costly in time and money. Our partnership with the Toronto SUN offers exhibitors the exclusive opportunity to get special advertising rates in a special section (Show Guide) inserted in the Sunday SUN before the event.
Because you will feel the difference.
The National Job Fair & Training Expo is not just a job and career fair. We have the know-how. Feel free to use us as an efficient extension of the recruitment service or human resources department of your organization. Feel free to incorporate our event into your event marketing strategies. We can spread the word about your organization. We can offer you the exposure you need.
Need more reasons for you to become an exhibitor?
- Stimulate your recruiting and marketing teams.
- Promote your services and enhance your branding.
- Conduct or schedule interviews with preselected candidates.
- Access the “hidden” job market: Thousands of attendees are working, but are looking for a new job or are ready for a career change.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors.
- Build a large bank of qualified and available candidates.
- Support and / or combine efforts with your event marketing department.
- Do cross-promotions and special events with a higher impact.
- Be part of the largest recruitment event in Canada with over 474 exhibitors and over 80,000 visitors in Toronto and Montreal in 2010.
- Team up with an organization recognized for its good business practices, professional ethic, quality client service and friendly approach.
Enjoy the real interactivity!
Take advantage of the synergy
"Synergy" is a keyword at The National Job Fair & Training Expo. By participating, your organization has a direct access to over 10,000 serious, skilled and motivated candidates expected. Attendees are ready to apply for a job, not to mention their interest in training, education and career development services offered on site.
Enjoy Ontario's largest gathering of candidates brought together by The National Job Fair & Training Expo, consisting of attendees willing to work and ready to start the hiring process of participating employers.
A wide variety of positions from many sectors are available at the event. Add the positions you are looking to fill within your company to that list by becoming an exhibitor and take advantage of the synergy generated by the event.
Global recruitment strategy
The National Job Fair & Training Expo is an effective recruitment strategy. Our goal is to help recruiters reach candidates they seek. As an recruiter, you will achieve your hiring or recruiting goals faster and at a lower cost by integrating The National Job Fair & Training Expo in your overall recruitment strategy.
Government of NewFoundland and Labrador- Public Service Commission
"We attended the fair in the fall of 2009. We had antiocipated a fair like others that we have attended and saw this as an opportunity to walk around and meet other exhibitors during slow times. To our surprise, we quickly realized this wasn't just another job fair. We were so busy that my colleague and I did not speak to each other until 3:30 p.m. In addition, we have had a position that has been opened for almost 2 years as we found no qualified applicants in our search. During the first day in attendance, we found TWO qualified applicants! We can safely term our first appearance at The National Job Fair & Training Expo a great success."
Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration - Global Experience Ontario
"Excellent coordination and organization. Daniel Levesque made sure our needs were met and always responded to our questions very effectively. We really appreciate his support."
Canadian Business College
"Fantastic! Organized with very friendly staff. Large booths make a very comfortable marketing environment... Well done! Keep up the excellent standards!"
The North West Company Ltd
"The North West Company would like to thank-you again for such a successful recruitment fair! It looks as though we have at least 75 candidates we will be contacting as a result of this event for Retail positions in Northern Canada. Our corporate HR team also brought in many resumes for IT positions. Thanks again Daniel for all of your hard work. We are looking forward to our continued relationship and more success in the fall!!!"
"I wanted to say thank you and I’m very happy RONA Ontario participated this year. Based on the over 200 resumes we received, I’m certain we’ll get some caliber candidates. I also wanted to commend you on your high level of Customer Service you have give RONA over the course of the last few months. Now understanding the magnitude of the job fair, your call back time and service is outstanding, and I look forward to having two booths next year!"
HONEY BEE MANUFACTURING (SASKATCHEWAN)
"After many years of involvement in major Trade Shows both in North America and Europe I would like to pass on a note of appreciation for the high level of organization exhibited by Daniel Levesque in the orchestration of The National Job Fair & Training Expo event in Toronto. For those of us who are exhibitors we always live under the constant pressure of our day to day business and often feel somewhat overwhelmed as we prepare for a Trade Show. It was comforting to have every step so well documented with timely reminders arriving as the event drew closer. The stress involved in preparation was greatly alleviated by the guidance provided. Thanks Daniel for the friendly, helpful and professional assistance. "
NIAGARA PENINSULA ABORIGINAL AREA MANAGEMENT BOARD (ONTARIO)
"You are one of the best Show Managers I have dealt with! This will be my first job fair at The National Job Fair and Training Expo and among all of the conferences etc. I have attended I absolutely love the informative emails. They provide us first-timers (and repeat attendees) to the National Job Fair and Training Expo with a detailed set of prepping guidelines. I'm very excited to be attending."